Wednesday, May 11, 2005

No Carnivale, No HBO!!!

The time has come friends...

HBO thinks "Carnivale" has come to a natural end. Well, perhaps some of us think our relationship with HBO has now come to a natural end. Our households handing over $14.00 each month may have also come to a natural end. And maybe its time that a new subscribership to Showtime has come to a natural beginning.

For the next 48 hours (longer, if necessary) this fandom will be holding a TURN OFF HBO campaign.

Please call your local cable or satellite provider and explain to them that:

• You are DROPPING your subscription to HBO today!

• Tell them WHY you are dropping your subscription -- because HBO has cancelled "Carnivale". No Carnivale, No HBO!

• If it is within your household's budget, please switch from HBO to Showtime -- in a show of solidarity with Carnivale creator, Dan Knauf, who is currently scripting a pilot for Showtime.

• Please get the contact address or email addy for the customer relations and/or programming department of your local cable or satellite provider.

• Follow up your cancellation of HBO with a note to the cable/satellite company's powers-that-be to tell THEM why you dropped the most expensive premium channel from their line-up. (HBO may not care what the fans think, but it's possible that they'll care a great deal what the providers who carry their programming think!)

Remember... Be Polite, Be Brief, Be an Executive Fan.

No Carnivale, No HBO!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But if I cancel my HBO I'll miss such thought provoking and ground breaking programs as Entourage and Unscripted. What about the new Lisa Kudrow show? I'll miss what could be the pinnacle of her acting career... I mean, after Friends and Romy and Michele's High School Reunion, who knows what brilliance might follow?

9:47 AM  
Blogger nwkatje said...

Funny, I cancelled my HBO and told tell them one of the reasons was due to no Carnivale before I read this.

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can we start adding our names to some kind of list so we can get an estimate of how many cancelations are taking place?

2:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just cancelled my HBO and kept my Showtime. I also just spent $14.99 on sending the powers that be at HBO a Western Union telegram.

4:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A list is a good idea. Just cancelled HBO myself. Now I have to call my parent and see if they'll cancel, since I don't think they watch it much anyway...

If I subscribe to Showtime though, then it's not like DirecTV is gonna care... not sure what to do there...

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home